Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I can only stare at the absence for so long before I want to cut through it. I was holding center in the kitchen and I could not even go a minute before I felt like it was time to cut through the imaginary opponent. I had set the timer for two minutes, but I must still have a long way to go before I develop the patience to be still for that long, because I maybe went twenty seconds. I should work on that some more. I also did some suburi while sitting in seiza in the living room. I managed a whole two hundred tonight! It was the first time that I ever managed that many at home on my own. Now it will be something that I do each day and each evening. Tomorrow I feel like I will practice my swings while wearing the bogu that Sensei loaned me. There is just one more week before practice starts up again and I plan on being in better condition than I was before vacation. It is nice. Even a little suburi practice makes me feel so good.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're taking the initiative to practice at home! It's SO easy to forget about it and not do anything at home, but our Sensei is a firm believer in home training and practice and so am I. Even just a few minutes a day can help tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. I managed another 200 tonight. Right now it is just swings like we would do in haya suburi, except a little slower and I am sitting in seiza since my ceiling is unaccommodating. Once I get into the habit more, I will move on to swings that start in chudan and end in chudan. It was good. But my left hand did start to hurt in the palm. I got a new shinai (Madake Isse Bessaku) and the added weight has been an adjustment.

    :)

    ReplyDelete