Wednesday, February 3, 2011 - Missed

Got a phone call from a friend who is feeling stir crazy and could use the company, and my guts tell me to go, so it looks like there will be no Kendo for me tonight. I sent a text to both Maestas Sensei and Amaury to let them know that I would be absent. I feel a little bad about it but my guts say to go (trust your guts where friends are concerned!) and practice yesterday afternoon with Amaury went well. We did some kiri-kaeshi in slow motion and then stumbled through the first three kata as our cool down. Definitely going to review the kata more and more. I noticed that I am cutting shallow when I do kiri-kaeshi. I always seem to stop the shinai short from the men without thinking about it. I even reduce the force when it connects. I do not do this (as far as I know) in other areas of practice so that is something that I am going to work on working out hard. Get it? Soft and shallow cuts? Work hard to fix them? Oh, heh, um. Maybe not the best joke in the world. Depending on how things go tonight, I may or may not make it for the second hour of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment